I don’t know about you, but I really enjoy taking a bath. Although, it’s something I don’t do nearly often enough. It seems every night comes and goes and I’ve done a million other things. It’s all about taking time to take care of yourself! We all need to do more of that!
One of the times I make sure I take a hot bath is when I’m super sore after working out. Whatever the reason for your bath, whether it’s to relax, sooth sore muscles or soften your skin, there are things you can do to make that bath more beneficial for your body.
We all know that vitamins and minerals are good for the body. Studies show that 68% of adults consume less than the daily recommended amount of magnesium. Magnesium is essential to good health. It’s found in our cells, our bones, our body tissues and our organs.
Magnesium is naturally found in Magnesium Sulfate … more commonly known as Epsom Salt! Here’s what Epsom Salt can do for your body:
- Eases stress and improves sleep and concentration
- Helps muscles and nerves function properly
- Regulates activity of 325+ enzymes
- Relieves occasional muscle discomfort
- Improves oxygen use
- Flush toxins
- Improve absorption of nutrients
- Help joint discomfort
- Help prevent or ease occasional head tension
You can gently raise magnesium levels just by taking a bath with epsom salts!
Add 1-2 cups of Epson Salts into your bath (as hot as you can stand it) along with 10 drops of your favorite Essential Oils and soak for 20 minutes. You can also add 1 cup of baking soda. This helps neutralize the chlorine and aids in mineral absorption.
Do not use soaps or shampoo’s during this bath, unless they are chemical-free. Your pores will be open and you’ll absorb those chemicals right into your body.
What kind of bath do you want? Do you want it to be Relaxing? Invigorating? Refreshing? Depending on what oil you use, you can accomplish any of those!
Essential Oil suggestions:
- Relaxation: Lavender, Calming Blend, Ylang Ylang
- Invigorate: Wild Orange, Grapefruit, Invigorating Blend, Peppermint, Lemon
- Help Open Airways: Respiratory Blend, Eucalyptus, Peppermint
- Better Skin: Melaleuca, Lavender, Frankincense, Helichrysum
- Muscle Discomfort: Lemongrass, Marjoram
- Soothe Skin: Lavender, Melaleuca
Want to order Essential Oils? Contact me to find out what brand I recommend.
Please share what you like putting in your epsom salt and essential oil bath! I personally love our Calming Blend. It’s SO relaxing, it’s wonderful to take a bath right before bedtime. I sleep SO well when I do this!