Essential oils have a plethora of uses and are a great way to supplement your life with natural ingredients. It may seem daunting to start using them for beginners who are new to the world of essential oils, but there are a lot of ways it can help and enhance your life.
One excellent approach to utilizing essential oils in your daily life is to help you focus and boost your productivity.
The easiest way to get the benefits of essential oils is by placing 1-2 drops on a cotton ball and taking a whiff. You can also get your diffuser and add water with 4-5 drops of essential oil.
(I only recommend doTERRA essential oils as they are Certified Pure Therapeutic-Grade and free of any harmful additives or chemicals.)
Your olfactory organs are part of the limbic system; the area in the brain that processes smells, linked to emotions and memories. Smelling essential oils activates your body and even stimulates digestion. Pleasant aromas positively affect a person’s well-being which can all lead to a more productive day.
Each essential oil has different properties and functions. The scents that help improve your focus, concentration, and productivity are great for work.
Here are ten essential oils to boost productivity and help you get things done:
- Peppermint: This natural energy booster helps you think more clearly. It promotes concentration, and is great for brainstorming sessions. (Here are 5 ways to boost energy naturally with peppermint essential oil.)
- Orange: Improve your mental focus with this citrus scent. It has energizing and invigorating properties.
- Lemon: Another citrus scent that improves concentration, and also has calming effects to help you when you’re feeling irritated, deflated or stressed out. Plus, it’s a great immune supporter. Keeping you physically healthy is a prime way to stay productive.
- Rosemary: Instead of energy drinks, try rosemary for a great morning energizer. This scent can help ward off physical exhaustion, or mental fatigue. It even helps your memory, and reduces occasional head tension.
- Lavender: Lavender lessens stress, and helps calm your nerves to relieve tension. By controlling your mental and emotional stress, you can increase your energy and productivity.
- Cinnamon: Improve mental focus, memory, concentration, and fight mental fatigue. This sweet spice actually improves mental clarity and functioning.
- Jasmine: Revitalize your senses and relieve tension with jasmine. It may also increase your confidence! It is a great essential oil that both calms and uplifts.
- Ginger: Ginger is a very powerful scent, so be careful with the amount you use. Its stimulant properties enhance the mood and act as a pick-me-up energizer.
- Grapefruit: Grapefruit is a great for immune system support, much like its other citrus counterparts lemon and orange. Increase your energy levels with this refreshing, energizing, and invigorating essential oil! It also helps enhance the mood, lessen stress, and helps with anxious feelings by balancing the mind so you won’t feel too overwhelmed with work.
- Eucalyptus: This aroma has a rejuvenating effect for body, mind, and spirit. It improves mental sharpness by increasing localized blood flow.
Where to go from here
With these ten scents, you’ll be well on your way with the power of aromatherapy. Pick your favorite scents and start using them for a more productive workweek to operate at your highest potential.
Sign up here to learn more about essential oils for health and well-being, and how to take charge of your finances with aromatherapy.